You know you love me,
My name is Alice and I live in my own Wonderland. That's why people call me Alice in the Wonderland.
Okay, kidding. I'm Frederika. Or also known as littlemissspicy in the Cyberworld. I'm seventeen, moodswinged, noisy and definitely not your type. Just so you know, I have a thing for alleys and
guys in uniform. And you know I love my Chuck Bass.
Monday, March 08, 2010,8:47 PM
1. I recently met up with an old friend whom I haven't met in ages. Since 2005, to be exact. At the end of Year 7, I moved to Singapore and she Jakarta. 5 years ago who would have thought that we would meet again in Melbourne after high school? But now we did. Life is indeed full of surprises.
Devi and moi :D
2. And we watched Dear John!!! Starring Channing Tatum!! Omg you don't know how excited I was before the movie. He is my first-ever boy obsession lol. Way before Zac Efron and Ed Westwick came along. Eversince Step Up and She's The Man hahaha. I dint watch him in G.I. Joe though. Cos it's some kind of action movie right?? (And I dunno why he ended up starring with my favourite actresses. Amanda Bynes and Amanda Seyfried. And I have no idea why both of my favorite actress have the name Amanda hahahhaa).
AND DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT CHANNING TATUM LOOKED IN THOSE ARMY UNIFORMS??? It's like I fell in love with him all over again. HAHA. And you know how I always have a thing for guys in
I love seeing a couple so in love with each other like that. Haha. But why it has to end that way :( (I'd rather let that Tim/Tom guy died so that they can get married and live happily ever after HAHAHAH. What? I love happy-ending movies cannot meh?)And whyyyyy all Nicholas Sparks' movies must be sad de? (The Notebook, A Walk To Remember). But still..I think it worthed all my 15 bucks. LOL.
3. Then my aunt took us to the countryside on Saturday and we visited the wineyard. I loveeee the ride along the countryside. The pretty houses and the endless fields. But sadly it rained so the sky was gloomy :( Otherwise it would be so prettyyyy. Now let us let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
4. On Sunday night we had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Sofia. Look at the portion man.
After eating those mountain of pasta (we shared among the 7 of us), I realised how much I miss Pastamania's bacon aglio:( I have yet to find something similar here:(
Yeah so I found out Mr Thomas Lee is a Melb Uni alumni. I think Mr Jack Tan was from there too lol (I suspect he's now doing his PhD in Melb Uni too, judging from his blog). That's 2 BP teachers. Eh errr Nana said there's a new teacher who graduated from there also. I think she's called Jessie something. Then that's 3. Lol.
6. I'm officially missing Singapore. I miss the faces.. the people.. the company and the places.. I miss the energy and the busyness and the freedom. Here in Melbourne it's so bloody quiet:( I don't like. And I'm like terkekang(You people won't know this, cos at that time I dint have a blog yet lol). And I missed my occassional curry puffs and bubble teas. You know the other time I tried the bubble tea from the shop at Union House (in Mel U) but it tasted too milky. Not nice. Even the colour is almost white:( I should have taken a picture to let you see. Maybe next time lol.
And I know most of my blog readers are my friends from Singapore so hey there, you are missed(:
Melbourne as it is.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these photos. All the photos are taken from this blog here, unless stated otherwise. The quotes below are also extracted from the same blog.
Just imagine, the wintry air and the laneway cafes, the smell of burnt coffee, the old streets with new shopwindows, the rumbling of the trams, whispers in the art gallery, the echoes in St Patrick's cathedral, footfalls on cobble stones, Old Arts of Melbourne University, rustling the fallen maple leaves. Just imagine - you latch onto the passing airport coach, and then the train, and then the tram, and then the right bringing wind, and spread out before you, is all of Melbourne...
Southbank and the Yarra River. Can you spot the PricewaterhouseCoopers building? Remember my post a while back in November? (:
Queen Victoria Market. There is something so elegant about this lady. It might be the red hat or the shawl. I dunno. I think she only needs a pair of Jackie O sunglasses to perfect it off. Lol. But then it's winter.
And of course, the Melbourne University. That's the Old Arts building, the one with the clock thingy. I've just walked past this place today on my way to the bookshop. Haha. Normally when the weather is nice there would be many people sitting on the grass, but as you can see this photo is taken during winter. So yeah. The path you see will lead you to the Grattan Street. If you would just scroll down abit and look at the map of the university, this place is numbered 195, located right below red dot number 14.
...Now, the lamplights come on, and the streetscape resembles something out of a movie scene you would see in the darkened cinema, a little distant, a little unreal. You would wish for a dash of drizzle, just to finish off the picture with a token cinematic denouement.
Lygon Street. Just a couple of minutes walk from the Uni. And this is also where I wait for my bus home everyday(:
But the secrets to Melbourne
are not along grand promenades or in mega-shopping malls
- they are between these edifices, in the interstices of concrete and stone,
behind chain stores, beneath slants of sunlight.
Find an opening gap of a laneway wall-to-wall of spray-paint and graffiti,
and Melbourne reveals itself: indie bookshops in a city of literature,
quirky cafes in a city of coffee,
old record shops in the underground in a city of mazes.
In a different universe, in a world of its own, a secret gem to discover.
Would you sing with me?
/ Nov 29, 2009
/ Nov 30, 2009
/ Dec 1, 2009
/ Dec 2, 2009
/ Dec 12, 2009
/ Dec 20, 2009
/ Dec 21, 2009
/ Dec 23, 2009
/ Jan 5, 2010
/ Jan 9, 2010
/ Jan 12, 2010
/ Jan 20, 2010
/ Jan 23, 2010
/ Jan 28, 2010
/ Feb 1, 2010
/ Feb 6, 2010
/ Feb 7, 2010
/ Feb 8, 2010
/ Feb 12, 2010
/ Feb 14, 2010
/ Feb 23, 2010
/ Feb 24, 2010
/ Feb 28, 2010
/ Mar 3, 2010
/ Mar 5, 2010
/ Mar 8, 2010
/ Mar 12, 2010
/ Mar 13, 2010
/ Mar 19, 2010
/ Mar 20, 2010
/ Mar 22, 2010
/ Mar 24, 2010
/ Mar 25, 2010
/ Mar 28, 2010
/ Mar 31, 2010
/ Apr 9, 2010
/ Apr 10, 2010
/ Apr 17, 2010
/ May 2, 2010
/ May 5, 2010
/ May 21, 2010
/ May 24, 2010
/ Jun 6, 2010
/ Jun 14, 2010
/ Jun 23, 2010
/ Jun 24, 2010
/ Jun 30, 2010
Now playing (on shuffle):
Painting Flowers by All Time Low
Sway by Bic Runga
Music powered by MixPod.
Copyright © 2010 http://www.kirakiraandsuch.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.